Dear Incoming Kindergarten Families,
We are very excited to have you join our Archer Glen family! As our district embraces the Full Day Kindergarten model for all students in the 2015-16 school year, we are eagerly making plans for your child’s transition to Kindergarten. The first two weeks of school will look different as we ‘Ramp-Up to Kindergarten.’ Our ‘Ramp-Up’ schedule gives us time to get to know your child before being placed into his/her permanent classroom.
September 8 – 10 has been set aside as a “get acquainted” time when we will meet your child in a small group session. Your child will spend this time doing fun activities with all Kindergarten teachers.
The schedule for Orientation Days is as follows:
Student Last Name P – Z --- Tuesday, September 8 (8:15 – 2:15)
Student Last Name G – O --- Wednesday, September 9 (8:15 – 2:15)
Student Last Name A – F --- Thursday, September 10 (8:15 – 2:15)
Please bring your child to the Red Pod (Rooms 1 – 4) on your assigned day and plan on staying for approximately 15 - 30 minutes to help your child put his/her supplies away and fill out some informational paperwork.
The rest of the ‘Ramp-Up’ schedule is as follows:
· Friday, September 11 - Thursday, September 17 - all children attend the full school day (7:55 - 2:15).
· Please keep in mind that Wednesday, September 16 is an Early Release Day. All Archer Glen students are dismissed at 12:15.
· During these five days, Kindergarteners will spend time in all Kindergarten classrooms with a variety of students.
· There will be no school for Kindergarten students on Friday, September 18, so that teachers can thoughtfully place students in their permanent classrooms.
· Kindergarten class lists will be posted on the school doors on Friday, September 18 at 3:30 pm.
Additional Important Information:
· Please send a healthy snack with your child
· Cold lunch is strongly recommended for the first days of school
· Hot lunch may be purchased, please make sure your child has money in their account. Lunch money can be submitted through the front office.
· Kindergarten does not participate in Supply Night. Children will bring supplies on their assigned first day (see above).
We are looking forward to seeing you in the fall!
Your Kindergarten Team,
Mrs. Amy Jordan
Miss Katie Locke
Mrs. Heidi Patterson
Miss Emma Utti
AG News >