Beginning Thursday, October 1st, we will be offering library curbside pick-up every Thursday at each of Sherwood’s 4 elementary schools! Hours of pick-up at Archer Glen are 8:00 am – 6:00 pm. This will be a time for students to drop off library books they have finished and pick-up new books they have requested by placing a hold in the Destiny Online Library System. (This will be challenging for younger students, but know that Mrs. Rowlands is available by email or phone to help students and families find the books they need and want!)
Students can also turn in their Summer Reading Forms on October 1st when they come to pick up their requested books! After the Bingo forms have been received Mrs. Rowlands will be reaching out to the students who earned a prize or an additional book to check out.
Important information about library curbside pick-up:
- Students will be able to have 2 books checked out and still place 2 books on hold for the next library pick-up.
- All hold requests that are made by Monday night will be ready for that Thursday’s pick-up. Any request received after Monday will be ready the following week.
- Student’s will need to return the books they have checked out in order to pick up the new books they placed on hold.
- Books placed on hold will be kept for two Thursdays in case a student isn’t able to come for curbside pickup the first week.
- Requested books will be given to students in a library book bag. Students will need to return the book bag with their library books.
Thank you for your help with encouraging students to participate in library curbside pick-up!
On the Media Center website you can click on Destiny and there will be a video with step by step instructions for how to place a book on hold.